Guernsey Funds Forum 2017
11 May 2017 - London
12:00PM - 7:30PM
Join us at the Funds Forum hosted by Guernsey Finance, where we will discuss real funds and real money in a post-truth world.
The event, which takes place at etc.venues, 155 Bishopsgate, London during the afternoon of Thursday 11 May, will feature two panel debates among leading figures from the funds industry and a keynote speech from Crispin Odey.
In a world in which politicians are lying to the electorate, the electorate are lying to pollsters, and pollsters are lying to businesspeople and those that advise them, we search for certainty at the Guernsey Funds Forum.
The event is expected to attract c. 500 professionals from across the world of alternative investment funds.
Session 1: Money
Mountains of money
- low return rate environment and other influencers on fund raising and investment execution
- the risks of holding cash
- impact of Brexit and other political shocks on fund raising and investment execution
- changing profile of investors
- is 2017 the time to deploy dry powder?
Session 2: Substance
Add substance add value
- definitions of substance: mind & management, bricks & mortar, or both?
- AIFMD and what it says about letterbox entities
- BEPS and what it says about treaty benefits
- the EU and what it says about tax governance and international cooperation
- substance and value creation in Guernsey
Take a look at some of the highlights from last year's event below.