ILS Insight 2019
04 July 2019 - Zurich
3:00PM - 6:00PM
After a difficult period, in which loss creep from mid-sized catastrophe events in 2017 and 2018 put a drag on the performance of many ILS funds, the ILS industry is entering another phase of innovation and renewal.
In this difficult environment, Guernsey provides certainty and continuity to ILS managers and their funds.
But while safe and secure, Guernsey is anything but boring – Guernsey provides a flexible and responsive regulatory regime outside of the EU which is quicker, less prescriptive and more flexible than Solvency II.
Join us at ILS Insight 2019, 'The Incredible Rollover' to learn what Guernsey is doing to remain at the forefront of the development of ILS, including:
- confirming the availability of a 30-day ‘grace period’ for the application of collateral at rollover
- achieving true ‘convergence’ with joint insurance / investment vehicles
- working to be at the forefront of green and sustainable finance
The afternoon will feature a panel session, technical showcase and plenty of networking. We will be discussing:
- the issues - general investment environment, liquidity
- the market - the impact of hardening, losses and cat loss expectations
- the environment - international expectations, whitelisting, solvency II equivalence and London as an alternative
The event returns to the fantastic AURA Event Hall in Zurich during the afternoon of Thursday 4 July, and is expected to attract more than 100 professionals from across the world of insurance linked securities.
AURA Event Hall