- Guernsey has an investment funds industry which has found its niche as a centre for private equity and especially those seeking to raise capital through international stock exchanges. The fact that Guernsey has experience dating back to the early 1980s when private equity funds were in their infancy is reassuring for fund promoters looking for a jurisdiction where private equity works.
- Guernsey has been an international finance centre for more than 50 years and there are five core pillars to its finance industry: insurance, investment funds, trust & company (including pensions), investment management and banking. Our Why Guernsey? brochure goes into further detail about Guernsey's financial services offering and the attributes which set it apart from others.
- As currently implemented, the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) leaves most fund managers with two choices when marketing their products to EU investors: the 'passport’ available to EU fund managers marketing EU alternative investment funds (AIFs), and national private placement regimes (NPPRs), available to EU fund managers marketing non-EU AIFs and non-EU fund managers marketing AIFs, wherever they may be domiciled. This guide compares the passport with NPPR and concludes that the latter offers access to most European investors and does so quickly and cheaply.
- The Sustainable Development Goals, a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations, are mankind’s most ambitious effort to date to secure its future on earth. The International Panel on Climate Change estimates that around USD 2.4 trillion or roughly 2.5% of global GDP annually needs to be invested in the energy system between 2016 and 2035 to meet the 1.5 degree goal. It is therefore important for financial centres such as Guernsey to adapt to the increasing demand for green investments. As a responsible global citizen, it is Guernsey’s intention to contribute its expertise and experience as a global finance centre to the fulfilment of these goals through the work of Guernsey Green Finance – our dedicated initiative to green and sustainable finance.
- International Distribution Map - countries where Guernsey funds may be registered for sale to institutional investors.