Financial Centres Of The World 2021: Focus On Guernsey
27 July 2021 - Online
3:00PM - 3:45PM
As a leading global finance centre, with more than 50 years’ experience in providing sophisticated and bespoke financial services for global clients, Guernsey has a defined role and place in the world. The island holds a leadership role as a jurisdiction fully aligned with international standards and practices, and for being a good global citizen in the fight against many of the major issues of our time – base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS), the financing of terrorism, and addressing climate change, to name but a few.
Guernsey is Whitelisted by both the OECD (2009) and EU (2019), is compliant or largely compliant with 48/49 FATF recommendations on AML and CFT and holds membership of several leading international sustainable finance organisations, including the Network for Greening the Financial System and the Sustainable Insurance Forum, and was a founding member of the highly respected United Nations Financial Centres for Sustainability.
To learn more about Guernsey’s place and role in the world, join WE ARE GUERNSEY Chief Executive Rupert Pleasant on 27 July at 15:00 BST for the Focus On Guernsey webinar as part of Z/Yen's 'Financial Centres of the World 2021' series. By way of presentation, in 45 minutes Rupert will outline:
- Guernsey’s political and economic stability in its capacity as a Crown Dependency of the UK;
- The island as a leading centre of economic substance;
- Guernsey as a conduit for global investment – bridging global capital flows between the world’s major economies;
- The various financial services offerings;
- And the island’s leadership in the development of green and sustainable finance.
For more information, please see the event website here.