BVCA launches working group for PE in the Channel Islands
21 November 2014
The British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA) has announced the formation of its Channel Islands Working Group (CIWG).
The new group, chaired by Andrew Whittaker, Managing Director at Ipes in Guernsey, is comprised of senior professionals from the private equity and venture capital industry in Guernsey and Jersey.
The CIWG will seek to enhance BVCA engagement with the Channel Islands community as well as advise the BVCA on strategy concerning issues that are specific to Guernsey and Jersey.
The group will also act as the BVCA's representative to the other Channel Islands industry stakeholders: the Guernsey Investment Fund Association, the Jersey Finance Association and the Channel Islands Private Equity and Venture Capital Association.
The group is comprised of the following:
- Andrew Whittaker (Chair) - Managing Director, Ipes
- Oliver Morris (Vice-Chair) - Advisory Director, KPMG
- Mike Newton - Managing Director, State Street
- John Clacy - Partner, Deloitte
- David Crosland - Partner, Carey Olsen
- Ben Robins - Partner, Mourant Ozannes
- Alistair Boyle - Office Head, Permira Guernsey
- Carl Hansen - Senior Managing Director, CVC
The BVCA is the industry body for the UK private equity and venture capital industry. The BVCA has more than 500 member firms, representing the vast majority of UK-based private equity and venture capital firms and their advisers.
Get the latest news first
Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest news from the financial industry.